CABINET DECISIONS - 21 JULY 2017
1. Cabinet has agreed to pilgrims proceeding on Hadj 2017 being exempted from the payment of the Terminal Expansion Fee and the Passenger Solidarity Fee, in addition to the Passenger Service Charge and the Passenger Fee.
2. Cabinet has taken note that, as announced in Budget Speech 2017-2018, the Data Protection Act 2004 would be overhauled with a view to aligning it with current technological and other advancements, and relevant international standards, namely the New European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (commonly known as the GDPR), and the European Convention for Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data (commonly known as Convention 108).
3. Cabinet has taken note of the National Integrated Water Resources Management Plan that has been developed in the context of the implementation of the Regional Integrated Water Resources Management Project. The objective of the Project is to strengthen the commitment and capacity of participating countries to implement an integrated approach to the management of fresh water resources with the long term goal of enhancing the capacity of those countries to plan and manage their aquatic resources and ecosystems on a sustainable basis. The implementation of the project would be completed in September 2017. The National Integrated Water Resources Management Plan will be placed on the website of the Ministry of Energy and Public Utilities.
4. Cabinet has agreed to the Ministry of Public Infrastructure and Land Transport signing a Memorandum of Cooperation to promote cooperation in the fields of public infrastructure, transport, and quality infrastructure investment with the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of the Government of Japan. The Memorandum would provide for technical support, expert training, mutual infrastructure development and investment through, among others, the sharing of information and experience in planning research, construction and policies in the field of infrastructure and encouraging mutual participation in technical seminars, exhibitions and expositions.
5. Cabinet has agreed to the Ministry of Business, Enterprise and Cooperatives becoming a member of the World Association for Small and Medium Enterprises. The vision of the Association, a non-profit organisation, is to strengthen and foster small and medium enterprises as prime drivers of the global economy, whereas its mission is to act as a catalyst in strengthening national and international cooperation for the growth and development of small and medium enterprises.
6. Cabinet has taken note of the reconstitution of –
(a) the Board of the Civil Service College with Mr Sateeaved Seebaluck, GOSK, Special Adviser to the Minister Mentor, Minister of Defence, Minister for Rodrigues, as Chairperson;
(b) the following Committees under the Clinical Trials Act 2011 –
(i) the Clinical Research Regulatory Council with Dr P. Chitson, Consultant Physician, as Chairperson;
(ii) the Ethics Committee with Dr Satyabhooshan Gupt Domah, former Puisne Judge, as Chairperson;
(iii) the Pharmacovigilance Committee with Dr D. Jugessur, Specialist/Senior Specialist (General Medicine), as Chairperson;
(c) the Health Advisory Boards of the five Regional Health Zones, as follows –
(i) Dr A. G. Jeetoo Hospital with Mr Mamode Issop Nujuraully as Chairperson;
(ii) SSRN Hospital with Mr Moostakin Soodhun as Chairperson;
(iii) Flacq Hospital with Mr Santosh Kumar Jeetah as Chairperson;
(iv) Jawaharlal Nehru Hospital with Mrs Socile Juggurnath as Chairperson; and
(v) Victoria Hospital with Mr Hemand Gian Jhugroo as Chairperson.