7. Cabinet has agreed to introduce legislation to regulate the management of residential care homes and to standardise the norms governing them.
8. Cabinet took note of –
(i) the outcome of the 71st Ordinary Session of the Council of Ministers of the OAU held from 8 to 10 March 2000, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Ministerial Meeting was preceded by the 10th Ordinary Session of the Committee of Ambassadors and other Plenipotentiaries on 6 and 7 March 2000. The Mauritian delegation to the above meetings was led by H.E. J. Koonjul, Ambassador; and
(ii) the outcome of the 2nd International Olympic Committee (IOC) World Conference on Women and Sports held in Paris, France, from 6 to 8 March 2000. The Mauritian delegation was led by the Minister of Youth and Sports.
9. Cabinet has taken note of
(i) the recommendation of the Committee of Officials concerning the implementation of the short term measures identified in the Report of Commonwealth Secretariat "SME Export and Public Policies in Mauritius:’ and
(ii) the strategic plan of SMIDO for the period 2000-2003 to upgrade local small and medium enterprises.
10. Cabinet has taken note of the publication of a Code of Conduct for pleasure crafts operators. The Code aims at promoting best practices concerning the various manoeuvres in the operation of a pleasure craft and the dissemination of basic knowledge on safe boat handling, safety requirements and the protection of the sensitive marine ecosystem.
11. Cabinet has taken note of the situation regarding HIV/AIDS in Mauritius and the measures taken by the Ministry of Health and Quality of Life to control the propagation of the disease.
12. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the organisation of a teledon for Mozambique. Pledges have been received for cash donations amounting approximately to Rs 2.5 M and cash donations already received in bank amounts to Rs 1.2 M.
Some 40 containers have already been filled and arrangements are being made to ship them as soon as possible.
Mauritius will delegate Mr. Raj Virahsawmy to Mozambique to co-ordinate the distribution of the aid.