1. Cabinet has taken note of the New Airport Master Plan, prepared by the Aeroports de Paris, which outlines the measures required for the development of airport infrastructure of Mauritius, Rodrigues and the Outer Islands for the coming 25 years and of the site for the new fuel depot at the SSR International Airport.
2. Cabinet has taken note of the National Savings Fund (Amendment of Schedules) Regulations 2001 and the National Savings Fund (Collection of Contributions) (Amendment) Regulations 2001 which will be made to provide, with effect from 1 July 2001, for an increase in the minimum and maximum salaries on which contributions are payable to the National Savings Fund.
3. Cabinet has noted the holding of a training session on Gender issues at Le Victoria Holel from 2 to 6 July 2001 organised by the UNIFEM/UNDP with a view to inter alia strengthening the gender mainstreaming and advocacy component of the UN gender focal points and other partners.
4. Cabinet has taken note of the programme of activities of the University of Technology of Mauritius scheduled to start in August 2001 and of the decision of the University to award scholarships and bursaries to a number of academically qualified students with financial difficulties.
5. Cabinet has agreed to Mauritius holding bilateral talks with the Egyptian Authorities with a view to discussing issues relating to trade exchanges between the two countries.
6. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the bi-annual Meeting of Experts of the “Commission de la Jeunesse et des Sports de l’Ocean Indien” (CJSOI) held in Mauritius from 20 to 22 June 2001, which inter alia considered the programme for the forthcoming semester and the proposed amendments to the Games Charter.
7. Cabinet has taken note of the participation of Mauritian athletes in the 4th “Jeux de la Francophonie” to be held in Ottawa Hull, Canada from 14 to 24 July 2001. These athletes will be involved in the following disciplines: Athletics, Boxing, Judo and Table Tennis.
8. Cabinet has taken note of the report of the mission of the Minister of Labour & Industrial Relations at the 89th Session of the International Labour Conference held in Geneva from 4 to 21 June, 2001.
9. Cabinet has taken note of the appointment of Mrs N. Matadeen, Acting Deputy Master and Registrar, as President of the Valuation Tribunal.