1. Cabinet has taken note of positive developments in the rehabilitation works being carried out after Cyclone “Dina”.
2. Cabinet has taken note of the results of an ICT Usage Survey conducted by the National Computer Board in August/September 2001 with a view to taking stock of the extent of ICT adoption in both public and private sector establishments.
3. Cabinet has taken note that the “Comité International des Jeux des Iles” (CIJ) would be held in Mauritius on 30 and 31 January 2002 to finalise the organisation of the Indian Ocean Islands Games, 2003.
4. Cabinet has taken note that the National Youth Forum on “Needs and Aspirations of Young People” will be held in April 2002 with a view to establishing dialogue with the different segments of the youth population and identifying their problems, needs and aspirations. The outcome of the Forum will provide the basis for the preparation of an action plan for youth development.
5. Cabinet has taken note of the reconstitution of the Opticians Registration Board for the year 2002, with the Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Health and Quality of Life as Chairperson.